Sunday, January 14, 2018

Gym Truth

I haven't posted an update for awhile on my effort to create an exercise habit. Mostly because I fell off the wagon a bit. I was good and packed workout clothes for Christmas at moms and even went for a run. But only went once and then it got too cold. Then I was back home and one excuse after another, I was so far out of the habit it became weeks. The last couple of days I kept getting close to going to the gym but I kept putting it off because I had momentum and wanted to work on other projects. I want thinking of posting anything and then I reminded myself that I didn't want to be that kind of person that only posted the good stuff and not the whole picture. 

Today, I had just gotten off a call with nick and mom and had planned to go to the gym right after. My internal dialogue popped up and started trying to talk me into holding off to work on something else. But then my "good" internal voice popped up (it had been quiet for awhile, or maybe just didn't have any strong arguments) and made a good argument that I want to remember. If I go to the gym when I have the energy and momentum, it grows my energy and momentum instead of using it up. It's kind of like getting some money and instead of just spending it on bills right away, it's good to invest it and let it multiple first before spending it on things I need to. 

I have to say I'm also starting to really understand my cycle - which days to expect what. Now comes the trial and error of trying out different things. Right now, I kind of now when my peak energy days will be and when it I'll drop. My new plan is to allow myself to skip a day here and there when I'm in my high energy period, and then get some momentum going for when the energy drops.  M working up my schedule for gym visits. For this month and next and will test it out and report back. 

In other news, I finished a book today- one down for this month and one to go. I'm almost done the book I read when I'm at the gym sometimes so I think this months target of reading two books will be good.

Also, strange thing happened today, I had turned on Netflix and saw a new show in my queue. It was a show that didn't just pop up randomly. When I'm abroad, I like to check out shows on Netflix that aren't in the US. Apparently I had put one in my queue when I was in Copenhagen and now Netflix negotiated the US rights and ta-da. It makes me wonder how many other shadow shows are in my queue that I don't know about. Especially after I cleaned out my Netflix list last week. I went from 100 down to 20. I think that's how I saw the new show. I wonder what my real number is. 

No comments: