Monday, June 18, 2018

First month

I finished my fourth week last week. It's amazing how fast time is flying and yet so much still to learn. I do feel like I'm slowly finding my rhythm and I'm not in discordance with the rhythm at work. I have my systems down now for my security card and subway card and commuting. 

I'm still getting used to working at a place that is so well known. Nick had made a comment a few years back about the tour buses of tourists. I saw them but didn't really experience them too much. But now. O - M - G. They bus in tourists, mostly from Asia by the big bus full. There are groups just meandering around taking pictures and getting in my way as I run across town to get to a meeting. Not really a big deal and if anything it reminds me to slow down and enjoy the backdrop of my work. 

Also, I'm happy to report, I gave myself two weeks breather from the gym and then it turned into three weeks and I had barely gone. But I was jumping into a lot of new stuff with work. So I revised and gave myself a month and I succeeded!  So far. Last week I worked it into my routine to get to the gym Tuesday and Thursday morning, come back shower, get ready and still leave by 7 am. And Saturday morning I was good and made it into the gym for the 7:30 tai chi class. Only it had been canceled last minute so I worked on my core. Then this last weekend I visited dad for Father's Day and we went hiking Saturday and canoeing Sunday. And man could I feel my core muscles both days. I had wanted to switch to Monday Wednesday and Friday for gym days but my tummy was still sore this morning so one more week of Tuesday and Thursday. But not bad meeting my goal of hitting the gym three times a week. Now I just need to keep it up. But I'll write here, in the hopes future me reads this again, I had a much better week last week and I think in part I was mentally stronger from my workouts. There's something that happens when you have a decent work out that sends the right chemicals to the right parts of the brain. 

Well, another thing I've worked on is making sure I get a good nights sleep and it's getting late so I'll sign off. It is nice to report my status as it helps motivate me to go that extra little bit which helps make the new habits. So thank you all for being my supportive accountability network. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl, your on the right track. Keep up the good work.