Thursday, July 27, 2006

Last Week Thursday

I am a bit behind on what I wanted to post. I wanted to remember the good night I had last Thursday. My coworker, Noah, had cued me in to the free Thursday night at the Museum of Fine Arts, specifically the special exhibition: Americans in Paris, 1860-1900. (FYI, I would have had to spend $39 to see this).



I ended up going with another coworker, Colleen and her fiance Mark. It was interesting viewing the collection with them. She was a bit more rushed going through, he was a bit more slower, contemplative viewing the exhibit and I was in the middle. This Sargent was one of Mark's favorites as it reminded him of his time visiting the gardens at dusk when he was last in Paris.



For me, I had fun remembering where I had seen some of the collection (they were paintings gathered from all over: Tate, Paris, National Gallery...). It was another hot night, but it put me in a pleasant frame of view (that's not quite the right saying, but hopefully you get the gist) and I thought I should really take advantage of the city sites more often (than I remembered the prohibitive cost). Still it was a good night and have made a resolution to visit the art museums more often.

No comments: