Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Viewing

Last night I realized that I had a “perfect storm” of sorts with my guilty summer viewing. Someone commented about the British shows I watch and the implied culture (or higher quality) that goes with all things British. I want to set the record straight that although I like the quality stuff, I also sometimes feel like being a complete vegetable and enjoying something light. Yesterday, I found three things hit all at the same time:


1. Big Brother 15. The latest episode aired Sunday so was in my queue for watching online on Monday. I love the social gaming aspect of this show - strategically figuring out the human chess moves. My brother can’t stand the show which means I should like it even more, right?

2. Whodunnit. This is on Sunday’s too and so was in my queue on Hulu on Monday. This show is just really bad it’s good, if you know what I mean. It’s loaded with over acting and the plot is pretty thin, but it’s still fun watching the social games and seeing the players sleuth their way around the mysteries. My bet is on Cris or Melinna

3. Best Song Ever Video. I don’t know how this happened, but I am hooked on watching the 1D boys - they’re so funny and lighthearted. If I need a break from stuff, I check out interviews of them and have a chuckle. Their latest music video was released yesterday and was a hoot! It was fun trying to figure out who was who in their acting roles.

So there you have it - full disclosure about my summer time fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: your cultural prejudice for Brit TV, Burn Notice sure blows that right out of the water. (There're sooo many explosions on B.N. And now B.N is down to the wire with its last season.

Always hate having to say "Good-bye" to favorite characters: gotta love that Sam & Fiona's multiple skills, including gun running!