Saturday, September 07, 2013

London II

I'm off again to London, just sitting in my little pod on Virgin and was just offered a set of pajamas for the flight.  I was a bit surprised and passed on them for now but it's strange seeing everyone around me getting ready for bed.  Frankly it's been a hectic week.  I got a little breather earlier last month but didn't notice that things had let up a bit until everything ramped up again.  Today was just a mad dash getting everything in order at home and at work before I left.  I've been running around non-stop not having a chance to even figure out my London trip.  

I finally booked a hotel two days ago and splurged on a day trip I bought today.  I ended up staying in Greenwich (of the meridian fame). I was contemplating seeing some other part of England since the hotels were much pricier this time round (which is strange September is more expensive than June). I think I got a good little fine for a hotel and Sunday I'm taking a trip that is a bike tour of some bucolic area outside of London, visiting castles and everything.  Now that I'm boarded and leaving work and home behind I'm finally settling in and relaxing ready to enjoy my little mini vacation.

Nothing like traveling business class.  I love the preferential treatment - no waiting in security lines, special lounges and awesome food to snack on.  Very advantageous since I worked through lunch today and was famished.  I just got interrupted by the steward who gave me the run down.  The tv screen is touch screen, .... Must log off, we're leaving!  See you on the other side of the ocean!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow> You've got to love this kind of surprise.